For the shell:
- high quality white chocolate
- pink powdered food coloring (or any color you like!)
- edible glitter
- gold leaf
For the Filling:
- macaron shells
- dark chocolate ganache
- crisp chocolate pearls
- vanilla cake
- microwave safe bowl
- silicone chocolate mould
- chopstick or butter knife
- plate or baking sheet
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until fully melted. Make sure to stir in between each round!
- Divide your melted chocolate into two separate bowls, and dye one bowl with pink powdered food coloring (or any color of your choice!)
- Spoon 1 Tbsp of white chocolate and 1 Tbsp of dyed pink chocolate into your mould.
- Use the back of a chopstick or a butter knife to marble the chocolate and spread evenly along the sides of the mould. Allow to dry completely.
- When the chocolate shell has hardened, add another tablespoon of melted chocolate and create a second layer. This ensures a strong shell for your fillings!
- Once your shells have set, carefully remove them from their silicone moulds.
- When you are ready to assemble, have a plate heated from the microwave, or a baking sheet warm out of the oven. We will use this for one half of each shell when “glueing” the shells together.
- Fill one shell with broken macaron shells, dark chocolate ganache, crisp chocolate pearls, and pieces of vanilla cake. You can fill your shells with anything you like!
- Take your second chocolate shell, and gently melt the edges on your warm plate or baking sheet, and immediately line it up with the filled half shell.
- When your shells have dried completely and hold their shape, you are ready to decorate with edible glitter and gold leaf!