Try Sophia Roe’s oven roasted pears with cinnamon crumble featured in our “Tamron’s Tasting Menu” episode.
- 6-7 pears
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp clove
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup oats
- 6 tbsp butter (2 tbsp melted, 4 tbsp softened vegan or regular works)
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- To prepare the pears, cut them right down the middle.
- Using a melon baller or small teaspoon measure, gently scoop out the core/seeds.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the pears with the 1 tbsp melted butter.
- To make the gingery cinnamon crumble, add the cinnamon, ground ginger, clove, coriander, nutmeg, kosher salt, coconut sugar, maple syrup, oats, and 4 tbsp of remaining butter. Use a wooden spoon to thoroughly mix up the crumble.
- Take about 1-2 teaspoons of the mixture and fill up each pear half until the mixture is gone.
- Bake pears until golden brown, 34-45 minutes.
- You can serve them with coconut yogurt, honey drizzle, orange marmalade or jame or be like me and pick them up and eat them by hand.