Did you watch our “What’s the Dish” episode? Try Violet Witchel’s cheesecake!
For the Crust
- 1 package of graham crackers (I use pamelas gluten-free)
- 6 tbs melted butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
For the Filling
- 2 packets of cream cheese 16 oz total
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- zest of one orange
- juice of 1 orange (should be about 1/4 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/2 whipped cream (optional)
- For the crust add the graham crackers to a Ziploc bag. Pound the bag until the graham crackers turn crumbly. Add the melted butter and sugar to the bag and shake until fully incorporated. Grease and line a 9×9 baking pan, pour the crumb mixture onto the baking sheet and press firmly to the edges. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- For the filling zest one orange and set aside the zest. Add the two packets of softened cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and using either a whisk or stand mixer mix until creamy and smooth. Add the sour cream, eggs, vanilla, sugar, the juice of the orange, and
zest to the cream cheese.
- Continue to mix until smooth and creamy. Pour the cheesecake batter over the cooled graham cracker crust. Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 15 minutes. There should be no jiggle in the middle and the top should be a light golden brown.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let cool completely. Add your cranberry sauce and pour/spread over the top. Let cool in the fridge for another hour. Cut into pieces and top with a little extra whipped cream and enjoy!