Serves 4 to 6
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 (3-pound) spaghetti squash
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fine sea salt, plus more to season
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to season
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing (recipe below)
- Place the squash directly on the center rack of the oven and turn the heat to 400°F to soften the skin. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle the chicken with 1 tablespoon of the oil and sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Remove the warmed squash from the oven and slice off the ends, then cut each squash into 4 or 5 rings, crosswise. Scoop out the seeds from the center of each ring. Drizzle both sides of the rings with 1 tablespoon of the oil then arrange the rounds in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the squash is fork tender.
- Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the chicken, and squash to a plate to rest.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place on the top rack and turn the oven to broil. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, until the tomatoes have burst. Meanwhile, dice the chicken.
- Use a fork to pull apart the noodle-like flesh. Transfer the noodles to a serving bowl and add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 cup of the ranch dressing. Stir in the chicken and tomatoes and drizzle the remaining ranch over top. Serve immediately.
- Make It Ahead: Bake and store the spaghetti squash and chicken in the fridge up to 5 days in advance to shave a lot of time off this meal. Store the ranch dressing in the fridge for 10 days.
Herb Ranch Dressing
Makes 2 cups
- 1 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Combine the mayonnaise, coconut milk, parsley, garlic, chives, dill, lemon juice, onion powder and salt in a bowl, and whisk together until well combined. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for 10 days.