- 1 recipe Steamed Jasmine Rice made 2 to 12 hours in advance
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons (about 4 cloves) finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Filipino shrimp paste (I prefer Barrio Fiesta brand)
- Kosher salt
1. Spread the rice onto a sheet pan in an even layer and refrigerate, uncovered, for at least 1
hour and up to 12 hours. You want to dry out the rice so it’s not mushy when you fry it. Be sure
to break it up the following day so the rice grains are separated.
2. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and shrimp paste and cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute, until the garlic is soft and fragrant. Add the rice and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly until heated through; season with salt to taste.