- 6-8 sweet potatoes (Depending on pan size)
- 2 sticks of butter
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°
- After you boil potatoes run under cold water to handle. Peel off skin and place on baking dish
- Cut up about half a stick of butter and place in pan equally.
- Add about half a cup of milk or less
- Add cinnamon about 1 Tb spoon, brown sugar about half a cup, white sugar about 1/3 cup, nutmeg about 1/2 tsp or less, Pinch of salt, vanilla extract about 1 Tb spoon and mix well
NOTE: If not sweet enough add more brown sugar and small amounts of white sugar.
For the Crust:
- Melt about 1 stick of butter in a sauce pan in Med/Med low heat
- Add 1 to 2 cups of brown sugar or more depending on size of pan. Once the brown sugar is melted be careful not to burn. Mix. Pour on top
- Spread evenly. Cook for about 20-25 mins or until casserole bubbles on the sides. Crust should be bubbling too. Then turn on broiler on low to cook crust well.
- WATCH CAREFULLY should only cook a few mins.
- Let rest for about 5-10 so crust can settle