Max Tucci’s Oldelmonico Cherries Jubilee
1 lb. fresh or frozen and thawed pitted sour cherries
½ c. sugar
2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
Seeds of ½ vanilla bean
½ c. brandy
1 pt. vanilla ice cream
- Place the cherries, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla bean seeds in skillet.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves (3 to 4 minutes).
- Remove skillet from heat, add brandy.
- Return skillet to burner, ignite brandy with long lighter.
- Baste cherries with the liquid using a long spoon until flame goes out.
- Spoon warm cherries over ice cream.