- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp white corn syrup
- ½ tbsp gelatin
- 2 tbsp egg white
- vanilla bean
- ¼ cup water (⅛ cup to bloom gelatin)
- gel food coloring: optional
- ½ cup dark chocolate ganache
- ½ cup milk chocolate ganache
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup dark chocolate
- ½ cup heavy cream
Milk chocolate ganache:
- ¼ cup milk chocolate
- ½ cup heavy cream
- gold leaf
- edible glitter spray
- In a small bowl, place your gelatin in ⅛ cup of water and set aside to bloom.
- Weigh egg whites into the bowl of your stand mixer, and start whipping gently with the whisk attachment.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water. Set over medium heat.
- While egg whites are whipping (to soft peaks), cook sugar mixture until it reaches 240F-250F (soft ball stage). Once temperature is reached, remove from heat.
- Turn mixer on low, and slowly stream in your sugar mixture
- Once your sugar has been added, whip for 1 minute before adding your bloomed gelatin puck (the heat will melt it).
- Add your vanilla, gel coloring, and turn the mixer to medium/high and whip for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- While mixture is whipping, prepare two 6” round pans by spraying with oil spray and dusting with icing sugar.
- Pour mixture into your prepared pans to ½” thickness, and sprinkle on rainbow nonpareils. Cover tightly with cling film, and let set for 6-7 hours or overnight to firm up.
- To prepare your two chocolate ganaches, chop your chocolate finely and place into a heat safe bowl. Heat the cream in the microwave in 30 second increments until hot, and pour over your chocolate. Gently stir with a rubber spatula until smooth. Let it sit at room temperature for a minimum of two hours to let set into a smooth, spreadable consistency.
- Crush your graham crackers and chocolate cookies, and set aside.
- Cut a slit halfway up the marshmallow “tortilla”
- In the first quarter, spread your dark chocolate ganache
- In the second quarter, apply a thin layer of dark chocolate ganache and a spoonful of graham cracker crumbs
- In the third quarter, spread your milk chocolate ganache
- In the fourth quarter, apply a thin layer of milk chocolate ganache and a spoonful of chocolate cookies crumbs
- Starting with the bottom left hand quarter, fold it upwards onto the second, then over onto the third, and finally onto the fourth quarter.
- Decorate your tortilla with gold leaf and edible glitter!