- 5 – Eggs (Yolks Only)
- 1Cup – Sugar
- 1Cup – Whole Milk
- 2Cup – Half and Half
- 1/2Cup – Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¼ tsp – cinnamon
- ½ – Vanilla Bean
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Grated Nutmeg
Optionals & Toppings:
- ½cup – Brandy
- Whipped Cream
- Grated Nutmeg
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Medium Cooking Pot
- Air Tight Storage Bottle/Container
- Separate the yolks from your five eggs and add them to your Large Mixing Bowl.
- Add your Sugar to the egg yolks and whisk together until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- To your Cooking Pot add your Whole Milk, Half and Half, Heavy Whipping Cream, Cinnamon, Salt, and Grated Nutmeg. Bring mixture to a simmer on medium heat while whisking CONSTANTLY.
- Remove milk mixture from heat and slowly whisk a small portion of it into your Egg & sugar mixture in your mixing bowl. Be sure to mix constantly and add the mixture slowly. We want to temper the eggs NOT cook them.
- Once your egg & sugar mixture has been brought up to a similar temperature, begin to mix it back into your Cooking Pot.
- Return cooking pot/Mixture to the stove and cook on medium heat while CONSTANTLY Whisking. Do Not Stop Whisking. Cook until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon once dipped in.
- Optional: At this point you may add the Brandy. Whisk in.
- Pour Mixture into air tight container and refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Serve in glass topped with whipped cream and grated nutmeg.