- 2, 28oz cans of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 whole red onion
- 1 whole small shallot
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 parmesan rind
- Dash of red chili pepper
- Angel hair pasta
- Shaved parmesan
- Add 2 cans of tomatoes, 1 red onion, shallots peeled, garlic cloves peeled, parmesan rind, pinch of crushed red pepper, salt into a large saucepan or pot over medium-heat.
- Stir the ingredients with a spoon, and bring to a simmer. Break up tomatoes as it cooks. Simmer for 45 min to an hour.
- Boil salted water and cook angel hair pasta and stir. Angel hair is quick!
- Add finished sauce to cooked pasta on a serving plate, still hot.
- Garnish with grated parmesan
*This is based off of a Marcella Hazan recipe*