- For the Sweet Cherry-Cola Rub-
- 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
2 slabs beef spare ribs
2 cups sweet cherry-cola BBQ sauce
Sweet Cherry-Cola BBQ Sauce Ingredients
1 ½ cups ketchup
One 12 ounce can cherry cola
¼ cup red-wine vinegar
¼ cup water
2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon sweet cherry-cola rub
- Whisk together brown sugar, paprika, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Rinse the ribs in cold water, then pat dry, and pull off the membrane. Season both sides with seasoning and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Wrap your ribs tightly in foil and place on bake sheet. Bake in the oven for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours remove the ribs from the oven and brush both sides of the ribs with the sweet cherry-cola BBQ sauce and bake for an addition 30 minutes.