We’re having breakfast at Tamron’s! Check out Rachael Ray’s Deep Dish Ricotta Frittata Tie-Dye Pizza featured in the episode below.
For the Vodka Cream Pizza Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup finely chopped or grated onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped or grated
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- ½ cup vodka
- 10-12 small cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup passata or tomato sauce
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- A few leaves of basil, torn
For the Pesto Swirl Sauce:
- 1 cup basil, packed
- 3 tablespoons toasted pistachios
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- About 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper
- A handful of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
For the Frittata Pizza:
- 12 eggs
- Salt and white or fine black pepper
- 1 ½ cups fresh ricotta, drained
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (about ¾ cup loosely packed)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ pound fresh mozzarella, cut into small thin slices to dot the pizza evenly
- Preheat oven to 400°F, with rack at center.
- For the vodka cream pizza sauce, heat EVOO and butter in saucepot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, season with salt and pepper flakes and stir 3 to 4 minutes. Add the vodka, stir the onion-garlic mix a minute more, then add tomatoes and cover pot until they collapse, about 5 minutes. Add the passata to sauce and when it bubbles up and simmers, stir in cream, reduce heat to low and wilt in the basil.
- For the pesto swirl sauce (you should pour/transfer to a squirt bottle for best result in decorating your pizza, but you can artfully spoon the sauce on the pizza with a spoon, of course—just go slow and steady for an even swirl), place the basil, nuts, garlic, lemon juice and water in food processor and season with salt and pepper. Process until very smooth and fairly thin in consistency. Add a small handful of Parm and pulse 2 to 3 times to combine.
- For the pizza, whisk up the eggs, ricotta and about three-fourths of the Parm cheese. Heat olive oil, 3 turns of the pan, in an oven-safe (to 400°F), nonstick 12-inch pan over medium heat. Add the eggs and let the frittata set up for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring gently and settling the mix into an even layer. Place in oven and bake about 15 minutes until lightly brown on top, but not fully cooked. Remove the frittata and top with a thin layer of pizza sauce; pass the extra at table in small bowl or gravy boat. Top the pie with dots of mozzarella and sprinkle with remaining Parm. Bake 10 to 12 minutes more to brown and bubble the pie and set the frittata pizza. Remove from oven and place on wire rack or trivet for a few minutes. Swirl the pesto from the edges to the center and serve.
Meal Serves 6