SABRINA’S POTATO SALAD RECIPE
- 1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 red potatoes
- 2 russet potatoes
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2 small seedless cucumbers or 1 long English cucumber
- 1 ½ c. frozen mixed green peas, corn, and carrots
- 2 gherkins (sweet pickles)
- 1 scallion
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 garlic clove
INGREDIENTS FOR THE MAYONNAISE MIXTURE
- 1 ½-2 c. of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp. Dijon Original Mustard
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. white sugar
SEASONINGS & FRESH HERBS
- 1 ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp. Herbes de Provence (French spice blend)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- The leaves from two sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp. flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped
Prepare the Ingredients
- Mince the garlic
- Dice the celery, scallion, and gherkins as small as possible
- Cut the small cucumbers into small pieces (smaller than the potatoes)
- Defrost the mixed vegetables and use a colander or large strainer to drain any water to avoid making the potato salad soggy
- Boil the eggs for 12 minutes then cool in cold water
- Peel the cooled eggs under cold water and chop them into small pieces
- Wash and scrub the potatoes. Peel all potatoes except the red ones.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes small enough to cook quickly but not so small that they fall apart while cooking. Set aside potatoes submerged in a large bowl of cold water
- Boil water in a large pot with a lid
- Put the potatoes into the pot with a dash of salt. Cover with the lid. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when a fork is inserted but not falling apart.
- Drain and rinse potatoes under cold water and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, olive oil, mustard, white sugar
Assemble The Potato Salad
- In a large enough bowl, add the potatoes, eggs, gherkins, celery, scallions, and garlic.
- Add the mixed vegetables, seasonings, thyme leaves, and parsley
- Add the mayonnaise mixture.
- Mix well but not too vigorously or the potatoes will fall apart.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to you liking.
- Refrigerate within two hours.