Quarantine Lobster-Shrimp Cakes
Makes 6 servings
- 1 dozen steamed lobster claws
- ½ cup water
- 1 dozen (about 8 ounces) extra-large shrimp (26/30 per pound), unshelled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko flakes
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Lemon Aioli (recipe follows)
- 1∕3 cup grapeseed or other neutral oil
- Remove the meat from lobster claws and finely dice; you should have about 2 cups. Set aside.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside.
- In a large skillet, bring the ½ cup water to a simmer. Reduce heat to a simmer, Add the shrimp, cover, and steam until pink, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked shrimp to the ice water to stop the cooking. Drain the shrimp well, then peel, devein, and dice into small pieces; you should have about 1¼ cups.
- In a large bowl, toss the diced lobster and shrimp together, then add the beaten egg, panko flakes, salt, pepper, and Lemon Aioli. Mix together until firm enough to form into 4 generous patties, each 4 to 5 inches in diameter and slightly mounded in the center.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the formed patties and cook until lightly golden brown and crisped, about 3 minutes per side. Serve immediately with the Lemon Aioli.
Lemon Aioli Mayo
Makes 1 cup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Habanero or other chile pepper, seeded and thinly sliced or diced, optional
- In a small bowl, using a whisk, mix the mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the habanero, if using, to taste. Use immediately, or refrigerate, covered, for up to 1 week.
Patti’s Mix Green Salad With Dressing
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Pinch cayenne
- Juice of 1 lemon (3 to 4 tablespoons)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 cups arugulax
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 4 heirloom tomatoes, cut into quarters (if out of season, use cherry or grape tomatoes)
- Seasoning salt and black pepper
- For the dressing: In a small bowl, mix together the grapeseed oil, olive oil, agave, garlic, oregano, parsley, rosemary, thyme, cayenne, lemon juice,1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- For the salad: Combine the mixed greens, arugula, cilantro, red onions and tomatoes in a large bowl. Add 1/8 teaspoon seasoning salt and black pepper. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss well.