STEAK AND EGGS
2-4 T or as needed Olive oil
8 oz skirt steak – cubed
2 cloves garlic, left whole
1 shallot – minced
2 cups torn Maitake mushroom/Oyster mushroom
2 cups torn Tuscan kale
½ tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Smoked paprika
1 tsp Oregano
½ tsp Chili flake
2 T White wine
½ cup Chicken stock
2 T butter
1-2 leaves torn basil
Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs for poaching (poached in boiling water) 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness
- In a medium saute pan, heat pan on high.
- Add olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, and cubed beef.
- Sear until brown, reducing heat as necessary.
- Add in the mushrooms, shallot, kale, and spices.
Saute until fragrant and mushrooms are caramelized.
- Deglaze with white wine.
- Add chicken stock, reduce slightly until half of the stock evaporates.
- Add butter and emulsify into the remaining chicken stock by swirling the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with the dumplings and top with a runny poached egg, removing the whole garlic cloves before
serving if desired.
1 cup drained ricotta cheese
1 cup all purpose flour
1 whole egg
1 oz grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all together, form into small balls (gum balls size) and boil in salted water until done,
approx. 3-4 minutes
- Add to the beef and mushroom mix