Did you watch our “What’s the Dish” episode? Try the Silkiest Edamame Blender Hummus Dip!
(Vegan, Gluten Free)
Yield: 2 ½ cups
- 9 ounces edamame, shelled
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves, in skin, smashed
- 1-2 lemons
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp ice water
- Radishes or red chile sliced thin
- fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- roasted pumpkin seeds
- extra virgin olive oil
- ground cumin
- Place edamame in a medium saucepan with baking soda and garlic and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil,
- Reduce to a simmer, and simmer for 25-30 minutes until very soft and falling apart.
- Strain the edamame and garlic, discarding the garlic skin.
- Transfer to a high speed blender.
- Add the lemon juice, starting with one lemon.
- Then add tahini, one teaspoon of salt, the olive oil, and a few tablespoons of ice water.
- Blend until very smooth, scraping sides as needed.
- Drizzle in more ice water to reach the consistency you like best. I use about 1/4 cup for this one.
- Taste and add more lemon and salt. I usually use 1 1/2-2 lemons for this and add a touch more salt.
- Spread into a shallow bowl and top with the radish, cilantro, cumin, olive oil and pumpkin seeds.
- Serve with naan, tortilla chips, or crudite and enjoy!