Did you watch our “What’s the Dish” episode? Try Salt Hank’s Lamb Burger!
- Fill mason jar with sliced red onions
- In a pot, mix a cup of water and a cup of red wine vinegar
- Add a big pinch of salt
- Optionally add peppercorns, dried oregano, chili flakes
- Bring to a simmer then turn off heat
- Pour over onions and close lid
- Let sit in refrigerator for a couple hours.
*Good for up to 2 months in the fridge.
Whipped Garlic Feta
- Slice tops off 2 bulbs of garlic
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper and wrap in tinfoil.
- Roast at 350 for 45 minutes or until squishy/starting to brown.
- Blend a large cube of feta until it turns to small crumbles.
- Add a brick of cream cheese, roasted garlic, pepper, ½ cup of olive oil, mint, chives, juice of half a lemon.
- If you’d like it softer add sour cream or more olive oil.
*Great on a cracker.
- Mix Equal parts mayo and harissa paste. Adjust amount of harissa depending on desired spice.
- Form 8 oz patties of lamb and heavily season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add to very hot oiled pan.
- Let sear for 4 minutes until deep brown crust has formed.
- Flip and sear for another few minutes then add a large knob of butter.
- Turn heat down and baste patties in butter for 4-5 minutes then remove from heat.
Building the Burger
- Spread Harissa mayo on a toasted baguette.
- Add a little pile of arugula.
- Add patty.
- Spread a thick layer of whipped feta on patty.
- Add pickled onions.
- Top with toasted baguette.
- Cut in half.