To Make The Levain:
- 100 grams Mature Sourdough Starter
- 50 grams Whole Wheat Flour
- 150 grams Bread Flour
- 150 grams Warm Water
What You’ll Need (Final Mix)
- 500 grams Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 500 grams Organic Bread Flour
- 250 grams levain
- 600 grams cold water
- 30 grams sugar
- 25 grams olive oil
- 25 grams salt
- Cherry tomatoes – different colors like red, orange, and yellow
- Red Onions
- Fresh Rosemary
- Dried Oregano
- Bell Peppers (all colors)
Dessert Focaccia Toppings:
- 50g Unsalted Butter, sauteed on medium heat until golden brown (instead of olive oil)
- 1 To 2 Medium Peaches, Sliced
- Handful (3 To 4 Tablespoons) Slivered Almonds
- Honey, For Drizzling
- Brown sugar to sprinkle
What You Need To Do:
- Add all final mix ingredients into a bowl and mix together until there is no dry flour left.
- Allow your dough to rise for 4 hours. It should be nice and bubbly to the touch, with a web-like structure at the bottom.
- Flour your work surface and dump out your dough. Shape into a long cylinder by using your pinkies to fold the dough from the top and into the center of itself. Do this a few times until you have a loosely shaped cylinder .
- Rub the dough with olive oil and salt. Cover with plastic wrap and transfer to the fridge for 12 hours (overnight).
- The next day, Preheat your oven to 450-500f. I like to bake focaccia hot so that it gets nice and crispy!
- Coat your dough with olive oil and use your fingers to begin docking the dough with both hands until you have an even pattern of peaks and valleys. You don’t want to tear through the bottom of the dough so don’t be too rough with it!
- Now is the time to add your toppings – vegetables, fresh herbs, etc.
- Bake the focaccia for 15-20 minutes or until it is slightly darker than golden brown. I like to make sure I have a nice crispy bite and chewy interior. Enjoy warm with olive oil and balsamic vinegar! Or by itself. Do your thing.