Chef Eddie Jackson shared this soul-warming recipe last month, and as the temperatures start to decline, we have a feeling this recipe will be clutch on those fall and winter days.
Did you know you can make this dish your own by adding your favorite veggies or changing the protein?
Share a picture of your bowl in the comments below!
Try Chef Eddie Jackson’s beef goulash recipe featured in our “Tamron’s Tasting Menu” episode!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion white onion fine diced
2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 15 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Maggi liquid seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dry Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 pound large elbow macaroni pasta
- 1 cup frozen corn
- In a large Dutch oven or stock pot set over medium high add olive oil.
- Add in onions and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Using a wooden spoon mix to combine onions with oil.
- Cook just until onions are tender for 3 minutes.
- Add in beef then mix to break up meat and combine with onions.
- Add in garlic and continue cooking just until beef has browned 5-8 minutes mixing occasionally.
- Pour in tomato sauce, fire roasted tomatoes, soy sauce, AND Maggi’s. Stir to combine.
- Season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Stir once more to integrate spices with sauce.
- Lastly add in bay leaves.
- Bring to a rapid boil for 8 to 10 minutes then reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Then stir in pasta and corn to sauce and cook just until noodles are al dente 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.