Ingredients for No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream:
- 2 cups of cold heavy whipping cream (1 pint)
- 1 1/4 cups of sweetened condensed milk (~ 1 – 14 oz can)
- 1/4 cup of evaporated milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch or 2 of sea salt (optional)
- Optional Inclusions – Cookie pieces, Chocolate chips, sprinkles, nuts, fudge sauce, caramel sauce, toffee, etc
- Two mixing bowls (1 large and 1 medium size – if using stand mixer, the attached bowl replaces the medium mixing bowl)
- A mixer/hand mixer
- 1 ladle and 1 spatula
- 1 whisk
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Container with lid (or plastic wrap/parchment paper) for storing (makes ~2.5 pints/40 fl oz of ice cream)
- Room in your freezer
Directions for making No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream:
Time: 10 min with 5 hrs freezing time
- In large mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, sea salt, and vanilla extract.
- Gently mix with spatula until homogeneous and set aside.
- In medium size mixing bowl (stand mixer bowl if using stand mixer), pour 2 cups of cold heavy whipping cream.
- Place mixing paddles in whipping cream, turn on lowest setting to prevent splashing (3 seconds) and increase to highest speed until whipped cream forms with stiff peaks (2-4 minutes).
- Should be silky and smooth in texture.
- Be careful not to over whip the cream as butter can form.
- Using spatula, scoop whipped cream into sweetened condensed milk mixture and gently fold whipped cream into condensed milk mixture. Repeat this until all of the whipped cream is folded into sweetened condensed milk mixture – This now becomes your vanilla ice cream base – give it a taste and set aside.
- Grab your storage container and ladle – Using your ladle, scoop a layer of your vanilla ice cream base into your storage container…add in a layer of your inclusions (chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc) …add another layer of ice cream base followed by another layer of inclusions. Continue doing this until all of your ice cream base and inclusions are in your container – you want your final layer to be your inclusions (we eat with our eyes first!).
- Place lid on container to cover – if no lid, use plastic wrap/parchment paper to cover your No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream.
- If using parchment paper or plastic wrap, gently cover the ice cream.
- Place in freezer for ~5hrs (or overnight) and enjoy!
- Take out of freezer and let sit on counter for 5-7 min if ice cream is initially too hard to scoop.