We’re cooking with gratitude this Thanksgiving! Check out Rocco Dispirito’s Savory Sweet Potato Gratin recipe featured in our Thanksgiving episode below.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup butter softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup hazelnuts, toasted & chopped
- ¼ teaspoon-cinnamon
- ½ cup bacon dice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 8” x 8” pan.
- Place sweet potatoes in a pot of boiling water. Simmer for 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain. Peel. Or microwave for ten minutes until tender.
- In the pot the potatoes were cooked in, mash the sweet potatoes with the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, vanilla and salt & pepper.
- Fold in half of the hazelnuts and bacon and spread into a prepared 8×8 pan.
- Sprinkle the top with the marshmallows, bacon and remaining hazelnuts.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown and potatoes are heated through.