Richard Blais’s Confit Turkey Legs & Thighs
Turkey legs & thighs from one bird
1 quart duck fat (optional)
1 quart neutral flavored vegetable oil
2 cups Morton’s kosher salt
1 bunch fresh thyme sprigs
4 sprigs rosemary
1 small bunch fresh sage
2 heads garlic
Tony Cacheres seasoning / 1 container
- Liberally sprinkle the turkey legs and thighs with salt and tony cacheres seasoning ( Cajun seasoning )
- Place the turkey in a roasting pan and half cover with the oil and duck fat. Add garlic and herbs
- Cover with foil and cook in oven at 325 degrees or stove top for 3 hours until fork tender.
- Carefully remove the turkey pieces onto a resting rack and season again, then crisp in a oven or broiler for 4-5 minutes
- Reserve cooking liquid for gravy or cooking other vegetables, or refrigerate or freeze for future cooking needs.