Sweet Potato Filling :
- 1–1/2 Sweet Potatoes, cooked
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 pilóncillo (brown sugar cane bar)
- 1 TBS pure vanilla
- 1/2 can of Lechera (condensed milk)
- 1 TSP of pumpkin spice
- 2 eggs
- Water enough to cover potatoes
- 1-½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Stick Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter (8tbs), melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBS sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 TBS Liquid vegetable shortening
- Wash and cut sweet potatoes in pieces, add to a medium size pot to cook. Add enough water to cover potatoes and add piloncillo and cinnamon stick.
- Cook for 45mins or until soft.
- Meanwhile, prepare your dough! Add melted butter to bowl, eggs and sugar and liquid shortening. Whisk well, add flour and combine until dough forms.
- Add dough to greased pan and form the crust with hand onto the pan. Make sure dough is roughy the same thickness all around to bake evenly. Fork bottom of dough with fork. Put in fridge while you prepare filling.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooled down, peel and add to a bowl, mash with fork. Add condensed milk, eggs pumpkin spice. Mix really well and transfer to pie dish. Cover dough edges with foil to prevent from burning.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hr.