For 1 cocktail:
- 2 ounces of gin ( Can substitute vodka or Rum if desired )
- 3 ounces of tonic water
- 2-3 ounces of herb infused simple syrup
- Choice of garnish (lemon twist/wedge, lime twist/wedge, rosemary, thyme, mint, or
- Add gin to a highball glass filled with ice.
- Add herb infused simple syrup and tonic water; stir to combine.
- Garnish with citrus wedge/twist or herb sprig.
Herb infused simple syrup:
Prep Time : 5 mins
Cook Time : 5 – 10 min
Stand Time : 20 min
Chill : 3 hours (If you’re like us and your guest are on the way, put the jar in the freezer
for a quick chill!)
Yields : Makes about 1 1/2 cups (enough for about 6 cocktails)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 8 – 10 5” sprigs of your herb of choice (Rosemary, Basil, Thyme, or Mint)
- Combine the sugar, water, and herbs into a medium saucepan.
- Place on medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Stir periodically until the sugar is dissolved, then remove from heat.
- Let stand for 20 min.
- Remove herb sprigs and pour mixture into an airtight container or jelly jar.
- Label jars with name of syrup (i.e. rosemary simple syrup) and chill for 3 hours.
- Herb infused simple syrup can be refrigerated for 3 – 4 weeks.
Tip/variations : Add your herb infused simple syrup to ice tea, lemonade, hot tea or coffee!