- Small Whole Chicken
- 3 Cups Celery (Chopped)
- 2 Cups Onions (Chopped)
- Half Stick of Butter
- Half Cup of Turkey Drippings
- 3 Quarters of Stick of Unsalted Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Poultry Seasoning
- 2 Teaspoons Sage Seasoning
- 2 Boiled Eggs (Chopped)
- Place small hen or chicken in large pot with Celery and Onions; Cover with water and add 1 Tbsp Poultry Seasoning, 1Tbsp Salt, 1 Tbsp Sage, Dash of Black Pepper.
- Bring to boil, lower heat and let stew for about an hour or until tender.
- When cooled down, drain liquid into a container reserve for gravy.
- Reserve celery and onions
- Chop Chicken Breast first, put in separate bowl. (Chop remaining Chicken (I use rest of chicken to make a Healthy Dressing).
- Melt butter in a Cast Iron Skillet and Turkey Drippings, heat under medium heat until very hot.
- Sprinkle flour evenly into hot mixture, add all seasoning stirring with a fork until brown.
- Under Low Med heat, gradually add liquid while stirring now using a spoon for stirring. Once it starts to bubble, Add only enough liquid to desired thickness of gravy.
- Still Stirring – Add Chopped Chicken Breast, Chopped Eggs, onions and celery, under Low Heat, Simmer very low for 3-5minutes. Must stir often during simmering. NOTE: Can reserve eggs for last minute if there are egg allergies or omit eggs.