For the rub-
1/2 Cup Kosher salt
1/2 cup freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup pure chile powder, such as guajillo
4 tbsp ground cumin
4 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
4 tbsp fresh rosemary
1 Whole onion, sliced
2 tbsp of vegetable oil
1 bell pepper, sliced
1 head of garlic
1) For the rub, you’ll need to stir and combine, then set aside the following:1/2 Cup Kosher salt; 1/2 cup freshly ground black pepper; 1/2 cup pure chile powder, such as guajillo; 4 tbsp ground cumin; 4 tbsp fresh thyme leaves; 4 tbsp fresh rosemary
2) Rub pork shoulder with rub and place in the slow cooker. Add in sliced onions, chopped chile, canned chiles, and water. Place lid on top and turn heat to medium. Let cook for 6 hours until tender.
3) In a large, deep skillet heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
4) Add bell peppers and cook over moderately high heat, stirring until softened for about 10 minutes.
5) Add jalapeño, onion, and garlic – cover and cook over moderate heat stirring about 5 minutes. Add braised pork and cook for 3 minutes longer.
6) Arrange the tortillas on a surface and spread a thin layer of goat cheese over each one.
7) Spoon the pork and bell pepper mix over the goat cheese and fold tortilla in half.
8) Brush tortillas with oil.
9) Heat 2 large grill/griddles and preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cook tortillas over moderate heat, turning once, until crisp, about 7 minutes, then serve!
If you make it, tag @TamronHallShow!