Omsom Vietnamese Lemongrass BBQ Chicken
- mixing bowl
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Omsom Vietnamese Lemongrass BBQ Starter
- 3/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken thigh
- neutral cooking oil
Prep your chicken:
- Slice chicken thinly, about ½ inch thick.
- Season chicken with ½ tsp. each of salt and pepper.
- Combine chicken, 1 tsp. oil, and the Omsom starter in the mixing bowl.
- Stir to coat chicken evenly. Marinate for at least 15 minutes or overnight for bolder flavor.
Let’s get cooking:
- On medium high, heat 1 tbsp. oil in the skillet for 2 minutes. Cook chicken for 3 minutes, letting it sear on one side. Stir and cook for another 3 minutes or until cooked through.
- You’re done! Serve with some of our suggested favorites. Enjoy!
Learn more at Omsom.com
Traditional: Serve with Mama Pham’s Nước Mắm (Dipping Fish Sauce), rice noodles, cucumber, cilantro, mint, and crushed peanuts.
Mix it up: Serve on a bed of greens, cilantro, and mint.
Mama Pham’s Nuoc Mam (Dipping Fish Sauce) Recipe
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
1 1/4 Cup Servings
- 6 tbsp. warm water
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 6 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 lime, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bird’s eye chili pepper, thinly sliced
Pro tip: This recipe makes more than enough for the lemongrass. The leftover sauce keeps well in the fridge and can be used to liven up lots of dishes!
- Put sugar and water into a bowl, then mix until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add fish sauce and stir.
- Squeeze lime juice and scrape pulp into this mixture. (Pro tip: Use a fork to scrape out the flavorful pulp, but not the bitter membrane.)
- Add garlic and chilis to taste. Enjoy! You’ll see the chopped garlic, chilis, and even some lime pulp floating.