It’s Tamron Hall’s holiday potluck! Check out Gigi’s Collard Greens by Gigi Carter featured in the episode below.
- 10 cups (or two bunches) chopped fresh collard greens
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ½ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (or more) hot sauce
- Preheat a large pot over medium high heat.
- Once hot, add the chopped onion and dry sauté for about 5 minutes. Once it starts to brown, reduce heat to medium low let it continue to cook and caramelize.
- Add in reduced sodium soy sauce and low sodium vegetable broth, as well as liquid smoke (or smoked paprika), if using. Stir to incorporate with the cooked onions.
- Immediately add the chopped collard greens and using tongs, work it into the onion sauce mixture.
- Put a lid on the pot and allow collard greens to cook for about 7 to 10 minutes. They should be bright green and tender, but with a bite.
- Add in apple cider vinegar and hot sauce. Stir to mix in. Remove from heat, dish up and enjoy! Salt and pepper to taste or add more hot sauce to your liking.