Eileen Greene Sweet Potato Mash
6 peeled and boiled sweet potatoes
1 stick plus 2 tbsp. softened unsalted butter
1/4 c. natural maple syrup
1 bag mini marshmallows (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- By hand, mash the sweet potatoes adding in your butter & syrup.
- Continue gently mashing until there are no lumps.
- It’s okay to see some of the butter, do not over mash.
- Put sweet potatoes in a 1 qt. baking dish.
- (If you wish, you can add a layer of mini marshmallows to the top at this time.)
- Put in the middle rack of the oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- (If using marshmallows, cook for 20 minutes then gently remove the lid & cook for an additional 10 minutes.)
- Let stand 10 minutes & serve with a large spoon.