- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until completely incorporated.
Cajun Garlic Butter
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 minced whole shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1) Pre heat grill to medium high heat, about 450 to 500 degrees. Place heavy duty pot or cast iron pot directly on grill, and add olive oil, shallots and garlic; sauté about 20 to 30 seconds until fragrant, don’t brown.
2) Add butter, lemon zest, seasonings and parsley. Whisk until butter is fully melted, and all ingredients are incorporated, about 1 to 2 minutes; once melted immediately move from heat.
Smoked Seafood “Boil”
- 4 lobster tails halved
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage (about 4 to 5 sausage links)
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 pound petite red potatoes (about 8 to 10 potatoes)
- 4 ears of sweet yellow corn (shucked and halved)
- 2 whole lemons halved
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cherry or apple wood chips (soaked in water for 2 hours)
- 8 to 10 wooden skewers (soaked in water for 2 hours)
- 1 loaf of French bread
- Canola oil (to oil grill grates)
- On preheated medium high heat grill, oil grill grates with canola oil on a paper towel. *prevents sticking.
- On the stovetop inside, in a medium sized sauce pot, fill with water and a heavy pinch of salt and boil potatoes 10 to 12 minutes until fork tender.
- Remove potatoes from water, cool to room temperature and slice in half, place on a large sheet pan.
- Double skewer shrimp, and lay on the same sheet pan. As well as halved corn, and halved lobster tails.
- Drizzle olive oil on shrimp skewers, lobster, potatoes, and corn, season liberally with seafood seasoning, tossing until all ingredients are well coated.
- Place wood chips on top of hot coals in grill.
- Place shrimp skewers, corn, kielbasa, lemons meat side down, potatoes meat side down, and lobster tails meat side down.
- Grill all ingredients on one side for 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown, and then flip; remove lemons from grill once nice and charred on one side.
- Continue to grill the rest of the ingredients, until cooked thru and golden brown all over; about another 4 to 5 mins.
- Remove all ingredients and place on a newspaper or pink butcher paper lined large sheet pan, remove shrimp from skewers and arrange all grilled ingredients.
- Slice French bread loaf in half, and slice each half in half again; slather the inside of the bread with Cajun garlic butter, and grill flat side down until crisped up and slightly charred on one side. About 40 to 50 seconds.
- Remove French bread from grill and slice up into about 16 servings.
- Baste all grilled ingredients liberally with Cajun Garlic butter on sheet pan, on both sides and drizzle remain Cajun Garlic butter on top of seafood and sausage.
- Arrange toasted French bread on sheet pan, and serve piping hot. Enjoy!!