NETFLIX AND CHILI
It’s Fall…in Love Week on “Tamron Hall.” Spice up your date night with Ned and Ariel Fulmer’s Netflix and Chili.
2 (8-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
salt and pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium diced onion
1 bell pepper (yellow or red), diced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 can diced tomatoes (regular or fire-roasted)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup chicken broth
1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn
½ cup shredded cheddar
1 cup fried tortilla chips
1 avocado, sliced
● Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper.
● Heat a dutch oven or a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of oil
and the chicken, cooking and tossing until browned and fully cooked, 6 to 7 minutes. Set
aside on a plate.
● To the same pot, add the remaining oil. Add the onion and bell pepper, cooking until the
onion has softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
● While the vegetables are browning, shred the chicken with two forks or clean hands,
then set aside.
● Add the onion and bell pepper, then the chili powder, garlic powder and cumin. Stir well.
● Then add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, beans, corn, shredded
chicken, and any juices back into the pot.
● Bring chili to a gentle simmer, cooking for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to marry.
● Serve chili in individual bowls topped with cheese, tortilla strips and avocado.
Check out Ned and Ariel’s new cookbook below.