Try Chef Eddie Jackson’s beef goulash recipe featured in our “Tamron’s Tasting Menu” episode!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion white onion fine diced
2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 15 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Maggi liquid seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dry Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 pound large elbow macaroni pasta
- 1 cup frozen corn
- In a large Dutch oven or stock pot set over medium high add olive oil.
- Add in onions and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Using a wooden spoon mix to combine onions with oil.
- Cook just until onions are tender for 3 minutes.
- Add in beef then mix to break up meat and combine with onions.
- Add in garlic and continue cooking just until beef has browned 5-8 minutes mixing occasionally.
- Pour in tomato sauce, fire roasted tomatoes, soy sauce, AND Maggi’s. Stir to combine.
- Season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Stir once more to integrate spices with sauce.
- Lastly add in bay leaves.
- Bring to a rapid boil for 8 to 10 minutes then reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Then stir in pasta and corn to sauce and cook just until noodles are al dente 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.