Serves 8 to 12
- 1 8” round double chocolate brownie, baked and cooled*
- 1 8” round red velvet cake, baked and cooled*
- 1 8” round toasted coconut cake, baked and cooled*
- *any recipe or boxed mix works!
For the Frosting:
- 8 sticks unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 4 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 pound (one box) powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups caramel sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon edible gold dust
- ½ cup assorted sprinkles
- 1 cup chopped, candied pecans
Make the frosting:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the powdered sugar, salt and vanilla and beat on low for one minute, then scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Beat the frosting on medium high until light and fluffy but still holding its shape, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place a small dollop of frosting on an 8 in round cake board, then place the brownie layer on top.
- Spread about 1 cup of frosting on top of the brownie, then place the red velvet layer on top. Spread another cup of the frosting on top of the red velvet, then place the toasted coconut layer on top.
- Using an offset spatula, coat the top of the cake with a generous cup of frosting.
- Using a piping bag, pipe the remaining frosting up and down the sides of the cake then smooth with the spatula.
TIP: Use a bench scraper or straight edge to get perfectly straight sides.
Refrigerate the cake for at least 2 hours to firm the frosting
- Stir together the caramel sauce, salt and gold dust.
- Make a 7-inch round by 3-inch high ring using clear acetate or thin, flexible cardboard.
- Place the ring centered on top of the cake, and gently push down so the ring is securely in the frosting.
- Pour the caramel into the ring, and then sprinkle the candied pecans and sprinkles.
- In one motion, lift the ring up and watch the blingy caramel flow!