AMY’S CHEESEBURGER BOWLS
SERVES: 4 TO 6
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil or
1 pound ground beef
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
4 cups chopped
1 cup shredded
Tomatoes, red onion, pickles for topping (optional)
Burger Bowl Sauce (recipe follows) for serving
Rolls for serving (optional)
BURGER BOWL SAUCE:
MAKES: ½ CUP
¼ cup ketchup
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon pickle juice
(Yes, from a jar of pickles!)
In a medium bowl, stir together the ketchup, mayonnaise,
and pickle juice. This sauce is a great option for drizzling on
classic burger flavor.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the beef and, using a wooden spoon, break it up into small pieces. Stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the meat is evenly cooked through and browned. Drain off any excess liquid.
- Divide the lettuce among individual bowls. Add the meat mixture, cheese, and your choice of toppings.
- Serve with bowl sauce, as well as rolls, if desired.
- Store any leftover beef in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Warm briefly to serve.
- Use ground turkey, ground chicken, or cooked lentils in place of the beef.
- Increase or decrease your choice of toppings.
- Swap in roasted potatoes or French fries for the rolls-or serve in addition to them.
Recipe from YUMMY TODDLER FOODS: DINNERTIME SOS. Copyright © 2023 by Amy Palanjian
Photography copyright © 2023 by Lauren Volo
Published by Rodale Books, an imprint of Penguin Random House.